Getting healthy is something that is on everyone’s mind at some point. You start getting tired of the fast food and you become somehow winded just running up the stairs. Thankfully, there are a ton of applications on smartphones and tablets that can assist you in living better, eating better, and exercising more frequently. Let’s take a look at the best health apps for Android!
Fooducate is a unique calorie counter application because it not only lets you log your calories, but it also helps you determine what foods are actually good or bad for you. The app allows you to track your diet and exercise much like others. Their food database contains over 250,000 unique items that are also letter graded for quick reference. It’s an effective application and if you decide to go premium, you’ll also get support for gluten-free and allergy specific diets, the Paleo diet, and other additional diets.
Google Fit is Google’s platform for fitness. It first came out alongside Android Wear as a way to track steps and fitness using smartwatches and has since evolved into it’s own unique platform. With this app you can track your fitness, analyze your stats to see what you need to improve, and more.
Various platforms (including some apps on this list) are integrated with Google Fit already and the list is only going to grow. As a cherry on top, Google Fit also supports a variety of wearables and apps, including the Xiaomi Mi bands, Strava, Runkeeper, MyFitnessPal, Lifesum, and others.
• Effortlessly track any activity. As you walk, run, or cycle throughout the day, your phone or Android Wear watch automatically logs them with Google Fit.
• Get instant insights. See real-time stats for your runs, walks, and rides. Google Fit will record your speed, pace, route, elevation, and more so you can stay motivated and on track.
• Reach your fitness goals. Set goals based on steps, time, distance, calories burned. Receive personalized recommendations and coaching for activity goals.
• Measure your wellness. Aggregates info from other apps to track fitness, nutrition, sleep, and weight: Android Wear, Nike+, Runkeeper, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Lifesum, Basis, Sleep as Android, Withings, and Xiaomi Mi bands.
• Check in from anywhere. Track your progress from your phone, tablet, the web (fit.google.com) and even your Android Wear watch.
Never be bored by yoga again: More than 50 classes shot in HD video are just a few taps away. Each sequence has a specific focus, from increasing flexibility to strengthening your core. Plus, there’s a library with detailed videos of more than 500 poses. This fitness app facilitates the most convenient home exercises, not only nourishes your health but also spares you all the tiresome workouts and help you achieve fitness goals with yoga studio on the go.
• 500+ yoga poses with detailed instructions
• 100+ yoga classes & programs with HD video updated monthly
• Multiple choice for session duration varied from 5 – 70 mins
• Stay on track with your health data & class schedule
• Specially designed meditations with online coach guide
• Yoga post daily with a supportive community
• 7 languages available worldwide
• Various yoga music available
• Scheduled plans for boot camp, body toning, weight loss, strength, flexibility, relaxation, balance, menstruation, body detox, meditation etc. altogether with 10+ experts
• Chrome cast & Google Fit support
• Online class from world famous coach on a regular basis
• Clean design with easy-to-follow videos
Lifesum fancies itself a health coach of sorts and it does a pretty effective job at being one. The app includes a ton of features, including calorie counting, food analysis to see if you’re eating good food, reminders to drink enough water, and Google Fit integration along with S Health integration. It also supports Android Wear devices if you happen to have one of those. If you pick up the pro version, you’ll also get additional support for other wearables, more in-depth meal information, and a variety of diet plans.
• Water, meal and exercise trackers
• Google Fit integration
• Health integration
Most of us can’t remember what we had for lunch yesterday, but diabetics don’t have the luxury of not paying attention to their food and how it affects their blood glucose levels. It’s very tricky to keep mental notes, and a pen and paper just doesn’t measure up to the tracking capabilities of this app.
Wonder why certain days you feel crummier than others? Are you diabetic? mySugr can be your diabetes detective to determine the foods you need to cut back on. The free mySugr app is your loyal diabetes tracker for your smartphone. From now on, stay in control of your health and say goodbye to manual logging.
• Quick and easy logging (meals, diet, meds, carbs intake, blood glucose levels and more)
• Personalized logging screen (add, remove, and reorder fields)
• Smart, clear blood glucose level graphs
• Estimated HbA1c at a glance
• Daily, weekly, and monthly medical analysis
• Exciting challenges to achieve personal therapy goals
• Motivating feedback to help cope with Type 1 & Type 2 diabetes
• Secure tracker data backup
• Insightful data analysis
• Google Fit integration
Never be blindsided by your period again. Clue tracks your menstrual cycle, offering reminders before your next period. As Clue’s algorithm finds the unique patterns of your own cycle, it will provide valuable insights for your everyday life. The app’s designers also promise to never use flowers, butterflies, or euphemisms, so you can face your next period like an adult.
Clue is rated as the top free menstrual tracking app by the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology, a publication of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and is recommended by Buzzfeed, The New York Times, Wired, TechCrunch, The Daily Mail, VentureBeat, and many more.
Uses of Clue
Clue is used to;
+ Know when your next period is coming.
+ Get reminders before your next period, PMS and fertile window.
+ Discover the unique patterns of your cycle.
+ Track sex, pain, moods, cervical fluid, birth control pills and more.
+ Connect with partners, friends and family to open up the conversation about menstrual health.
+ The guarantee of no flowers, butterflies, euphemisms or pink – ever.
+ In-depth information about the menstrual cycle, complete with medical and scientific references.
+ 28 tracking categories, including period, cramps, emotions, skin, hair, sleep, exercise, energy, cravings and more.
+ Analysis of your current and past cycles, along with an overall average, to easily observe trends.
+ The fastest data entry of any period tracker.
+ An algorithm that learns from the data YOU input. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
+ A customizable passcode to protect your privacy.
+ An optional account login to backup your data or log in across multiple devices.
Listening to music can be the perfect way to add extra oomph to your workout, but crafting the perfect playlist is tricky. That’s where Motion Traxx comes in. The app combines coaching from world-class trainers with music designed to set the perfect intensity for every phase of your workout.
Bored at the gym? Dreading your workout? How would you like some major motivation? Download this free app now and get your fitness goals in Motion!
• Every Workout Features
• Coaching from top Equinox instructors
• High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) routines
• Specially designed workout music featuring Action SyncTM
MyNetDiary is an up and coming calorie counter application that focuses on helping you eating better. It contains a database with a decent amount of food entries for easy use and the app supports barcode scanning as well as meal reminders to help you remember to eat. The interface is a little antiquated, but it’s also effective and gets the job done. There are also advanced options for those looking to cut back on things like cholesterol and for people who have diabetes.
• Streamlined planning
• Food tracker
• Connected calorie tractor
• Syncs with other devices via Google Fit.
The S Health android app provides core features to keep up your body fit and healthy. It will record and analyze your daily activities and habits to help maintain successful diet and lead healthy lifestyle.
Whether you walk or run, hike or bike, play indoor or outdoor sports, you can add and track the various physical exercises and activities in a single step using the various built-in trackers. You can also record your step count activity using Pedometer.
S Health helps to create a balanced lifestyle pattern by recording a variety of information like your food, caffeine and water intake details.
The App supports all Samsung smartphones starting from Galaxy S3 onwards and includes Non-Samsung Android smartphones as well and has 100,000,000 – 500,000,000 installs. But tablets and some mobile devices may not be supported. Some functions may not be available based on regions/service providers/devices. S Health requires Android OS 4.4 or above.
S Health supports over 70 languages, including English, French, and Chinese. An English language version is available for the rest of the world.
Track your sleep cycle, monitor dreams, improve bedtime sleeping habits & wake up better with the free sleep tracker app from Runtastic! Sleep Better offers you a simple and engaging way to improve your sleeping quality using a sleep tracker and sleep timer.
Time to take your sleep seriously! Instead of fiddling with other apps before bedtime, get to bed early with Sleep Better. Whether you struggle to fall asleep, want to learn how your daytime activities influence your sleep, or simply want some new & refreshing alarm clock sounds – this is your ideal free sleep tracker!
Track moon phases, keep a dream diary and more using this preferred sleep app on your Android device!
App Features & Benefits
* Sleep monitor: This sleep tracker monitors your sleep cycle, duration (both light and deep sleep) and efficiency with the simple tap of a button.
* Works in airplane mode: Simply set your device on your bed (next to your pillow). Your sleep app will do the work!
* Sleep timer: Track your light sleep & deep sleep phases & time spent awake in bed.
* Track caffeine & alcohol consumption, exercise info, and stress level to determine the effects of these variables on your sleep quality.
* Monitor moon phases and find out if it impacts your sleep cycle, internal alarm clock, deep sleep, sleep duration or snooze patterns.
* Keep a dream diary to track your dreams (good, bad or neutral).
* Note your mood when you wake up.
* Sleep track with your tablet: This sleep app and alarm clock works on tablets, too!
* Share sleep tracking sessions via Google+, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp & email.
Features & Benefits Of Full Version
* Use the Smart Alarm to wake up at the ideal time within your personalized Wake-Up Window. The smart alarm clock wakes you up on your pillow feeling refreshed!
* Enjoy a variety of smart alarm sounds & snooze functionality.
* View sleep history including daily stats and overviews for longer time periods (i.e. a selected week or month).
* Filter history taking daily variables into account to determine when you’re sleeping best.
* Some functions & benefits are limited in the free version of Sleep Better app. To access all benefits, users are encouraged to take advantage of the Sleep Better in-app purchase.